How To Enroll
A summary of our program requirements is found on the Statement of Cooperation which is included on the Registration Form. The program requirements are addressed in more detail in our Parent Manual. A link to the Parent Manual is found on the home page of our website. Please be sure to read this manual for more information. Enrolling in The Way Home Christian School is accomplished by following these steps:
1. Print out and complete the Registration Form Registration Form as your first step of enrollment. Two copies (2) of this form must be completed. One copy must be submitted to your area coordinator and the other will be forwarded by your coordinator to the administrative office. This form identifies you and your children for our records and provides a record of your agreement to the Statement of Cooperation. Keep a copy of this form for your records as well.
2. Print out and complete the Church School Enrollment Forms CSEF Form. Complete three (3) copies of this form for each child to be enrolled. This form is required by the state and serves to notify your local board of education of your enrollment in our church school. A copy of this form is sent by us to your local school superintendent to notify them of your enrollment in WHCS (see note below for exceptions). A copy is maintained on file at our office and a copy is returned to you for your records.
NOTE: Jackson, Montgomery, and Blount County families must submit the form provided by the Board of Education Office from their respective county. These forms will be available through your local Way Home Coordinator or our office.
3. Make an appointment to enroll. Contact an enrollment coordinator in your area or our office and make an appointment to enroll. Check the website for the enrollment coordinator closest to you. Call out office if you are unable to reach a coordinator. Area Coordinators If you are outside the areas listed please call our main office.
4. Meet with your enrollment coordinator, if available in your area, and pay enrollment fee. If not available in your area consult with the office. Please ensure that all forms are completed neatly in ink and that you have signed the CSEF in both sections I and III. Please make your checks or money orders payable to The Way Home Christian School or WHCS.
5. Submit a record request form. When the enrollment coordinator receives your enrollment paperwork and fee you will be given a record request form. Complete this form and submit it to your child’s previous school. If you already have your child's records please submit the form anyways to notify them officially of your transfer. Any records sent to us will be forwarded to you for safe keeping. High school transcripts must be re-submitted to our office in your child's senior year. If interfacing directly with the office for your enrollment, call us to have us fax a record request to the school.
1. Submit your study plan if not previously done Study Plan Form . If this is your first year with WHCS you must submit your study plan immediately after receipt of your curriculum materials. Failure to do so will result in dis-enrollment.
2. Complete the Progress Report (1st-6th grades) or Transcript Report (7-11th grade) as applicable during both the Mid-Year, DEC-JAN, and End-Of-Year, MAY-JUNE, reporting periods. File these reports in your home school records. When completing this report for your first-ever reporting period a copy must be sent to your coordinator or as otherwise directed.
3. Graduating Seniors must submit a draft of their Official High School Transcript to the main office during the Mid-Year reporting period or early if college applications/scholarships require early submission of transcripts. Final grades must be submitted before a diploma will be issued.
3. Should you later decide to transfer out of WHCS you are required to contact us by phone or mail to inform us of your intentions. When transferring please be prepared to provide a records package to our office. NOTE: FORMAL RECORDS FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS REQUIRES USE OF THE TRANSFERRING STUDENT RECORD PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE. The Progress Report and Transcript Report Form are not acceptable for use as a formal transferring student record.
4. You must re-enroll by the start of the school year in your school district. Failure to re-enroll by August 20th will result in a $30 re-registration fee. SAVE TIME - RE-ENROLL ONLINE.
5. Be faithful to God, diligent with His reward, enjoy your freedom, be thankful, be patient, and give God all the Glory.